Christy (TheReaderBee)'s Reviews > The Unquiet

The Unquiet by Jeannine Garsee

2201617
Jun 27, 2012

bookshelves: read-in-2012, e-arcs-to-review, arcs-for-review, young-adult-fiction, ya-paranormal, ya-mystery-or-thriller
Read from June 27 to July 03, 2012

As posted on TheReaderBee.com

My first impression about ‘The Unquiet’ is that this book is super creepy! I love a good ghost story, and this book definitely doesn’t disappoint. It’s mysterious and eerie, and will keep you guessing right up to the end!

The main character in the story, Rinn, is a highly flawed young lady. She’s bipolar, and she’s made a lot of bad choices in her life that she is now paying for. Even with all of these flaws, I still found a way to connect with her on a really strange level. I really enjoyed the relationship between Rinn and the boy that lives across the street, Nate. It wasn’t love at first sight for these two, but a relationship that grew over time. I love the sarcasm between the two the most. Ha!

I had a hard time connecting with almost all of the secondary characters, most being the ‘friends’ that Rinn made at her new school. Then there were a few characters that I really wanted to know more about, that we were left hanging about. (As in the janitor, Nate’s dad, Rinn’s dad, etc.)

The world-building and pacing for the book was very well done. The mystery in the book definitely kept me guessing. I flew through the pages just to know what was going to happen next. I did expect a bit more from the ending after the intense build-up throughout the book. I did like that this book could be left as a stand-alone book, or could have a future sequel as well.

Overall, I found this to be a really enjoyable ghost story. The characters, while flawed, were interesting and the mystery kept me hooked. I am really looking forward to reading more by this author in the future.

Happy Reading!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Unquiet.

06/27/2012 page 170