Marian's Reviews > Breaking Dawn

Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer

Oct 20, 08

Read in August, 2008

** spoiler alert ** I love to HATE this book! I consider the close of this series completely irresponsible. Each of the main characters were successfully written as less mature than when the story began four books ago.

In 700+ pages the main character, Bella, was able to escape any and every consequence to each one of her choices making her unrealistic and annoying (not to mention convenient). I mean, really, first she wants to be a vampire but then she's willing to change her mind because the human/vampire sex that leaves her bruised and broken is so much better! Oh, don't worry apparently it was SO great that she didn't even realize she was being hurt; and besides Edward was sufficiently contrite in the morning which made it all okay.

You may say I'm bitter because I was a Jacob fan. And I was. But even he creeped me out by the end of this book--imprinting on a baby. Again, convenient. No, I'm bitter because I invested my time (and one vacation) to this series only to find I wasted my it on a poor story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Breaking Dawn.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Teri (new)

Teri watch out - those Twilight fans get a little testy. You'd better stay inside and lock your doors. Eliece read a few paragraphs of that one out loud at a family camping trip and we all laughed so hard we cried. (All except Melissa of course!)

Marian You're not kidding! That book is so bad though that I'm willing to endure their wrath. I think by book 4 if you were a fan, you were a fan no matter what. I was only a tepid fan, so I could see it for what it really was--garbage! it's nice to hear from you. I only discovered this website. This is a lot of fun!

message 3: by Teri (new)

Teri I read the first one with an open mind (I had no idea it was such a big thing) and just thought it was okay so I didn't bother with the rest. I'm stunned at the way it's taken off. You just never know what the next big thing will be. It's nice to hear from you too. I'm trying to get my mom plugged in to goodreads but I haven't quite won her over yet!