Brooke's Reviews > Burning Blue

Burning Blue by Paul Griffin

Aug 16, 12

Read from July 31 to August 01, 2012

As soon as I read the synopsis for Burning Blue I knew I had to check it out— seriously how awesome does it sound?!

So, I’m glad to say that the story did not disappoint! It was suspenseful and funny and a little bit frightening and I couldn’t put it down! I HAD to find out who was responsible for splashing Nicole with the acid. HAD TO!

I adored the way this story was written. It's told from Jay’s point of view but there are also glimpses into Nicole’s thoughts through her journal entries and I think that helped me as a reader be able to connect with both of them. I absolutely loved Jay and Nicole. They both have so many issues yet they’re such down to earth, nice, sympathetic, sincere people that you can’t help but like them!

Like, seriously, Nicole was amazing. She had his horrific thing happen to her and her life changed drastically but she held it together SO well. I don’t know how she stayed so strong, especially with the media covering the story and stalking her around town. Ugh. I was annoyed for her!

And then we have Jay who’s a hacker extraordinaire and basically a little detective himself, trying to solve who did this awful thing to Nicole. And he was a really good friend to her as well. Their scenes together were absolutely adorable; and even though there were plenty, I wish there would’ve been more! Every scene they were in together made me giddy! I was rooting for Jay and Nicole from the very first page!

Overall, Burning Blue is a story that’ll keep you on edge and keep you guessing. I did NOT see the ending coming AT ALL. The person that actually hurt Nicole?! TOTAL EFFIN’ SHOCK! LIKE, WHOA. ehem *zips lips* that's all i'll say..

If you’re looking for a quick, suspenseful read with a dash of romance I HIGHLY recommend Burning Blue!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Burning Blue.

07/31/2012 page 187