S.J. Wist's Reviews > Crown of Ash

Crown of Ash by Steven Montano

Aug 19, 12

bookshelves: apocalyptic, fantasy, fantasy-cookie-read, military, series, vampires
Read from August 07 to 16, 2012

In the fourth book of the Blood Skies series, it's a reap what you sow as everything Eric's team has been through so far comes back for them ten fold. It's a brutal venture across two entirely different battlefields to reach one goal. Danica and Cross have to stop a power that has been waiting for its chance to rise, while the Southern Claw and Ebon Cities wear each other down. Their feelings for each other might just give them the fighting chance.

If their hands weren't full before, they are now. And they won't get to use their spirits as much as they want to, taking their fights down to swords and gunfire. Danica definitely gets tough heroine of the year award, because she has proven that she can withstand anything thrown at her that doesn't go straight for her heart. Although, I don't think I would feel comfortable with her driving me anywhere... Ever.

There's a whole bunch of new monsters on the field, more vicious than ever, and relentless enemies from the past who haven't forgotten them. And Kane, omg! *cuts out a paragraph of spoilers*

More secrets to The Black and the magic that has bound itself to humanity is revealed as well. I will be anxiously waiting to see what happens next!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crown of Ash.

08/16/2012