Scooper Speaks's Reviews > In Rides Trouble

In Rides Trouble by Julie Ann Walker

Jun 27, 12

Read in June, 2012

Favorite Lines: “He groaned, the sound intoxicatingly fierce and darkly yearning, and then he was kissing her. Frank Knight was kissing her. Her. Rebecca Reichert, the thorn in his side, the professed bane of his existence, and his full male lips were so warm and surprisingly smooth as they brushed over her own.” (p. 111, e-galley)

Book two in Julie Ann Walker’s Black Knights, Inc. series can be read as a stand alone. I did not read book one, Hell on Wheels, but I had no real problems. There were a few moments when events were discussed as common knowledge amongst the characters that I knew nothing of, but those were few and quickly explained.

Hero and Heroine: Becky knew she wanted Frank when she met him. Unfortunately, he’s hung up on the difference between their ages and is determined to keep his distance. He is the man in charge and used to making hard decisions. He is both dependable and deadly. Becky is way more outgoing than Frank. She wants to be an agent and has been picking up tricks from the men who work for Frank. She can’t stop mooning over Frank no matter how hard she tries to distract herself. Frank and Becky dance around one another so much that I wanted to shove them together to relieve the sexual tension. For me it was obvious that the two semi-opposites belonged together.

Villains: While bad guys appear in the story in many forms, there is one key guy out to make trouble. I felt bad for him once his back story was told, but he made choices that firmly put him in the “kill” category which made me get over the sadness of his past right away. As with most criminals, dude was pretty stupid. He was sly enough to be successful on a small level, however, he would never make it as a top, evil doer.

Did I like it?: Yep. In Rides Trouble tells me what was going on in the prologue. I get to see the beginning of unrequited love which is quickly followed up with an action packed story in chapter one. The pace of the story felt like a motorcycle ride that kept getting faster. I didn’t want it to stop, but when it did I was completely satisfied. With so many alpha characters introduced I know it’s a series I’ll follow. As a matter of fact, Rev It Up (book 3) is Snake and Michele’s story, and I’ve read and enjoyed it too.
Scooper Speaks
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read In Rides Trouble.