Melanie's Reviews > Comeback Love

Comeback Love by Peter Golden

Jun 27, 12

To say I liked this story is an understatement. This novel is for all of us that at one time or another questioned ourselves about our first love, and how come we let it slip through our fingers.

There’s so much to recommend this story that I honestly don’t know where to begin!

This is well written, character driven and very moving story that will grab you from the first page. It will then take you on a journey of love lost and love found, while in the background past and current events will eerily remind you of what our country went through in the 60’s and what it is still going through today.

The hero of this tale is Gordon Meyers; a man who at present needs to connect with the past in order to sort out his deep feelings for a woman that he could never forget, even through all the years of his marriage, consequent divorce and many years of loneliness.

The novel opens a few days after Christmas and Gordon is on his way to see his sister, stopping by his hometown cemetery. As tears are freezing in his eyes while talking to the gravestones, he decides to drive to Manhattan,and soon after he’s checked into Grand Hyatt.

As he sits in his hotel room and ponders his lonely existence, he’s looking over a piece of paper with Glenna Rising’s information on it and wonders if he should call or just surprise her at her office, after all, it has been over thirty years since they’ve seen each other. The first time they see each other, after so many years and life lived apart, that scene was so tender and real, it brought tears to my eyes…

*EXCERPT: “Having imagined seeing Glenna again for so long, I viewed myself as ready for anything-anything, that is, except entering the waiting room and actually seeing her with UPS box in her hands, standing amid the tube-framed chairs and low, laminate-topped tables that made me think that all doctors shopped at the same discount-furniture outlet.

‘Can I help-‘ Glenna said, For the rest of this review, please visit us at..

Melanie

*This review posted on Romantic Crush Junkies Reviews eZine*
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Comeback Love.