Melanie's Reviews > A Lady's Revenge

A Lady's Revenge by Tracey Devlyn

Oct 02, 12

Let me start off by saying that I might be one of those readers that appreciates a tortured hero story more often than not. Tracey Devlyn's debut without a doubt qualifies as one of the darker stories I've read, and it leaves me conflicted as to why, in the end I didn't connect to the heroine as much as I should have...

From the first page, I had the feeling that I was missing something of great the start of the story. Don't misunderstand. The story's beginning is great. The hero is in France with his friend looking to rescue a fellow spy, this infamous Raven and they're in this dark place; the heart of the enemy's torture chambers and you can smell the stench of the place as the author is very good at conveying it to us, and the suspense is in itself tortures to the readers. The author was well on her way of telling me a great story, yet I felt like I was dropped in the middle of it, and not taking the journey from the start.

Guy Trevelyan in rescuing Raven finds that the woman he loved ever since his childhood has become a spy and is now laying hurt and broken in this chamber of horrors.

As the story develops, we find out the reason behind our heroines choice to become a spy and why she is reluctant to surrender to her feelings for Guy. We also get introduced to some nasty characters and one in particular, the nefarious French agent who is obsessed with Cora and as long as he's alive, our heroine will never have peace.

Again, I'm not sure what kept me from ....thanks for finishing my review at

Melanie (for Romantic Crush Junkies Reviews eZine)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Lady's Revenge.