Rob's Reviews > Bloodline

Bloodline by James Rollins

Jul 02, 12

Read from June 27 to July 01, 2012, read count: 1

** spoiler alert ** While I liked 'Bloodline' and enjoyed the story, I was a little disappointed in it. I wasn't able to suspend my disbelief quite as completely as I have with all of James Rollins other books. 'Bloodline' seemed a bit over-the-top when it came to the settings. There were just too many large state-of-the-art secret labs/prisons. It became almost gratuitous - especially the lab in the piers of the man-made Utopia island and the massive lab/prison complex at the 'Lodge' that was built on scaffolding in an underground cavern.

I also wasn't thrilled with the direction Seichan's character is going. She is starting to seem more like a soccer mom than the stealthy, skilled, double-agent that she has been through the series.

Finally, I felt the technology in previous Sigma novels was way cooler. I'm not sure why the neuro-robotics didn't interest me more but it didn't seem to be as cool as some of the technology in earlier books - maybe I've already heard about mice brains controlling things.

So 'Bloodline' was an entertaining read, but it didn't seem to me to move the Sigma series forward.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bloodline.