Nicole's Reviews > Aquamarine

Aquamarine by Alice Hoffman

Jul 27, 12

*****If you liked the book, don't read this review*****

Ok I did not like this book at all, as you can tell. I saw the movie and thought "Hey why don't I read the book?" BIG MISTAKE! I'm into mermaid books, but this was just painful.

First off is the Characters, Haley and Clare had nothing you could go on they were just flat, lifeless characters. You need to be able to feel like you actually KNOW the main characters! You honestly had absulutly NOTHING to go on for these characters they were just boring.

Aquamarine, I HATED her! She was annoying, selfish, spoiled, irritating, and just a Brat! Think of Someone other then yourself why don't you? And she was SO whiney! I just hated her.

Ray, he wasn't annoying and I didn't care so much about getting to know him because he wasn't interesting. He was just kind of there. He didn't really do anything, like I said he was just kind of there.

Next is the Plot, the plot was nothing. It was an outline for what COULD HAVE BEEN a better story if you wanted it to be but this just wasn't. I just didn't like it at all. The characters were bad and so was the story. Everyting was just bad in my opinion.

I dont say this alot, but the movie was WAY better than the book. This book was hollow and annoying and just plan bad.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Aquamarine.