Jeff's Reviews > The Circle Maker: Praying Circles Around Your Biggest Dreams and Greatest Fears

The Circle Maker by Mark Batterson

Jul 26, 2012

bookshelves: 2012-book-list
Read from July 07 to 26, 2012

This is the next book my small group will read together. Very challenging, inspiring book on prayer. Here are a few takeaways:

* Every great movement of God begins with prayer. Within the circle of prayer. Within you.

* Bold prayers honor God, and God honors bold prayers.

* God isn't offended by your biggest dreams or boldest prayers.

* Who you become id determined by how you pray.

* If you keep circling the promise, God will ultimately deliver.

* What if Jesus were to ask you the same question he asked the blind man, "What do you want me to do for you?" Do you know the answer?

* The more faith you have, the more specific your prayers.

* One litmus test of spiritual maturity is whether your dreams are getting bigger or smaller. The older you get, the more faith you should have because you've experienced more of God's faithfulness.

* When imagination is sacrificed on the altar of logic, God is robbed of the glory that rightfully belongs to Him.

* Do you have a vision beyond your resources?

* If you seek answers you won't find them, but if you seek God the answers you will find you.

* Ove the past year, I've been repeating one prayer with great frequency: "Lord, do something unpredictable and uncontrollable."

* Are your problems bigger than God or is God bigger than your problems?

* Our most powerful prayers are hyper-linked to the promises of God.

* By most conservative estimates there are more than 3,000 promises in Scripture. By virtue of what Jesus Christ accomplished on the cross, every one of them belongs to you. Every one of them has your name on it. The question is: How many of them have you circled?

* A paradigm shift happens when you realize the Bible wasn't meant to be read through, but prayed through.

* We need the patience of the planter. We need the foresight of the farmer. We need the mindset of the sower.

* Dream Big. Pray Hard. Think Long.
14 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Circle Maker.

07/13/2012 page 25
show 5 hidden updates…

message 1: by Breaux (new)

Breaux Looking forward to seeing yall soon.