Hilary's Reviews > Grace Grows

Jul 20, 12

bookshelves: first-reads, fiction, chick-lit, 2012
Recommended for: Megan
Read from July 18 to 20, 2012 — I own a copy

I won this book through the first-reads program, and am quite looking forward to listening to the songs that Ty wrote in the book.

Grace Grows is a story of... growth, as one would expect. The book is a romance, but one often thwarted. Grace, the protagonist, fights her burgeoning love for the spontaneous Tyler Wilkie. Tyler is a musician, newly becoming famous; Grace is more far-sighted, more pragmatic - yet she can't fight these feelings.

While the book is your typical romantic fare, it is written in a lively voice and is infused with some great classic rock. So much music is in the book... there's a playlist, and the songs in the book actually have been recorded. How cool is that?

I'd recommend it as a great summer read, a fun beach read, and something I could easily see being put on the silver screen. It's a fun book, and although the characters annoyed me at times - just communicate!!! - without a certain amount of misadventure the plot just wouldn't move. Also... great taste in books, Ms. Grace Barnum. Editors will surely rejoice.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Grace Grows.

07/20/2012 page 115