Kathy's Reviews > Becoming Sister Wives: The Story of an Unconventional Marriage

Becoming Sister Wives by Kody Brown

Jul 04, 12

bookshelves: non-fiction, read-in-2012
Read from July 02 to 04, 2012

Ok, I'm told by many people that I watch way too much reality TV, and I can't argue. I started watching this show out of simple curiousity, but continued watching it when I realized that these were just regular people and that I actually liked them. It kind of surprised me. It's not a lifestyle I could ever adopt for myself, but I can respect their choice.

For those of you who may not know, this book (and the TLC reality show) tells the story of Kody Brown and his 4 wives. They are polygamists, who originally live in Utah, but later move to Nevada after Utah begins an investigation of the family on charges of bigamy. In an attempt to keep their family together, which includes 17 children, they attempt to start a new life in Nevada.

So, I admit it. I did enjoy this book and will continue to watch the show. Like I said, I watch way too much reality TV and I don't see me stopping any time soon! :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Becoming Sister Wives.

07/02/2012 page 169
show 1 hidden update…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Leslie (new)

Leslie making future plans? :)

Kathy lol. Not at all. I watch way too much reality TV and this is just one more! What can I say, I actually like these people.

message 3: by Jim (new)

Jim I don't understand why it's anybody's business but theirs. I wouldn't want 4 wives & 17 kids. I have 1 & 3, respectively. Plenty, IMO. Still, if they're happy, I think that's all that matters.

Kathy I think they just want to show the world that not all polygamists are like the Warren Jeffs of the world, who force child-bride's into marrages and all the abuse.