Rumi's Reviews > One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kesey

Jan 23, 10

Read in January, 2010

I think I've gotten pretty dumb the last couple of months, to an extent where I can't take the final decision about the moral of anything I read or watch.
So what is the moral of this book? I'm not quite sure, but I do know it's a very good story. It does keep you turning the pages, and it talks about serious things in a light way, with the occassional laugh. Everything's going down in an unusual, interesting environment, one to keep your imagination alert.

The book isn't overly optimistic. It doesn't tell you that you can strike down the system, the Combine, as the characters call it. But it does teach you that you can keep up a fight against it. And maybe this is the better way to live your life. Without the unrealistic expectations that you can change the word, but with the willpower to win this and that for yourself and the people around you. It doesn't really matter that much whether you do it out of pure egoism or for the common good. What's important is that you keep fighting, keep laughing, keep living.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.

01/23/2010 page 329