Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews's Reviews > College Boys

Jun 27, 2012

bookshelves: guiltypleasures-charnel
Read in June, 2012

Charnel's review posted on Guilty Pleasures

Peter’s favorite night time fantasy moves next door, his name is Chris, but unfortunately for Peter, Chris is straight. Chris is sure he straight, he’s also sure it’s perfectly normal to get aroused hearing his gay neighbor masturbate through their shared wall, he’s also sure it’s perfectly normal to wonder what Peter might look like without his pants on.

Chris has less trouble coming to terms with his sexuality and worries more about what his soccer playing buddies might think. Peter worries if being with Chris will equal being shoved back into the closet and if his feelings are stronger than Chris’s are.

I can tell from book 1 this is going to become my new favorite M/M series. The main characters are regular guys going to college, friends who start dating then fall in love. College Boys is a contemporary romance, I think that’s what adds to me liking it so much. There’s no added unnecessary drama, when Chris realizes he wants to really start something with Peter, yes he’s nervous, but he doesn’t go and run from his feelings, he faces their attraction head on. The boy’s relationship builds from their friendship and comes across as very real. The story is a perfect mixture of hot passions and sweet companionship.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read College Boys.