Claire Dowdall's Reviews > We're Going on a Bear Hunt

We're Going on a Bear Hunt by Michael Rosen

F 50x66
Jun 27, 12

Book Review
Title: We’re going on a Bear Hunt.
Author: Michael Age

This story is a about a dad and his three children going on a bear hunt. The story tells the journey experienced by the characters while going on a bear hunt. They have to go through long grass, a river, mud, a forest, a storm and then a cave where they finely meet a bear. The family run home to try to get away from the bear. This story also has rhyme and repetition in it.
On each page there is only three or four sentences and they are spaced out evenly. The text that is used is clear and would be suitable for Key stage one age group. This is also a fantastic resource that can be used in reception and nursery when carrying out drama activities.
The illustrations in this book are created to show beautiful images throughout. I feel that there is a good contrast of colours which makes the story become more real for the reader, this is very important for younger children as it allows for a more realistic visual experience of the story.
In this book there is a dad, his two daughters and his two sons, this provides for a good mix of gender which in turn promotes the book as being suitable and adaptable for both young boys and girls.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read We're Going on a Bear Hunt.

Claire Dowdall We're Going on a Bear Hunt by Michael Rosen

Here is my latest review