Adam's Reviews > The Great Game of Business: Unlocking the Power and Profitability of Open-Book Management

The Great Game of Business by Jack Stack

1192135
Oct 18, 2008

it was ok
bookshelves: business

I read this during a time when the company I was working for was considering making the switch to open book management. Our business was interested in getting the benefits of open book, employee owned operations, without offering employee ownership. Following reading this book I attended one of the Great Game seminars.

The concept is great: make everyone with a stake in the business an owner. Put the accounting books in the open for all to see, so everyone has accountability and responsibility. The reason I rate this book so low is not because the message is bad. I rate it poorly because for some reason I just can't make myself like Mr. Stack. A good deal of the book is Stack congratulating himself on his own success. Self-aggrandizing is a major turn-off for me, which is why I didn't really care for this book. Still, the message of open book management and employee ownership is sound, and definitely worth employing.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Great Game of Business.

02/24 marked as: read