Deb's Reviews > A Dog's Journey

A Dog's Journey by W. Bruce Cameron

Jun 27, 12

bookshelves: 2012
Read in June, 2012

This is the second book of A Dog's Purpose, which follows the multiple lives of one dog with this particular family. The dog goes through multiple lives female/male, small/big, and manages by "fate" to be reconnected with his persons.

The first book was rather enjoyable and this one had many of the same elements. Although I do enjoy reading from a dog's perspective and their confusion, I found my self getting bored at one point because it was becoming rote. However, when Cameron introduced a life of this dog as a "toy" breed, it made for a very interesting read and gave a good explanation why smaller dogs tend to be fiercer. This makes sense as when things are smaller, it takes a lot to be noticed and taken seriously. This applies to people as well.

The one thing that really made the story was the ending. It ended right where it needed to - with the dog's family. I am glad that W. Bruce Cameron did not make this a trilogy since I cannot see myself wanting to continue to read the same premise over and over. It is a good and interesting read and Cameron does a wonderful job of getting a dog's perspective of the world and his people.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Dog's Journey.