Michelle(Chelle) aka Nightshade - Cake Whisperer's Reviews > In the Zone

In the Zone by Sierra Cartwright

Jul 03, 12

Read from June 30 to July 02, 2012

Let me just say that the second half of the book was better than the first and that is why I am giving this 3 stars. I like BDSM books. I'm am not an expert on the genre by any means but I have come away from reading previous books feeling that even if I personally wouldn't live the lifestyle in RL that I would love to have certain men as my Doms if I ever changed my mind. This was not the case after meeting Nathaniel. I most definitely would not want this man as my Dom. To be fair though I didn't really connect with Alani either so the two of them as a couple just didn't really work for me. From my previous forays into BDSM books I came away feeling that in most cases the Sub had almost as much power and say as the Dom. I didn't get that feeling in this book until the very end, which was a little too late for me. Nathaniel just came off as a selfish, brute for much of the book IMO. Maybe this book better represents the lifestyle but I didn't care for it as a fiction romance as much as others that I have read.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read In the Zone.