Lyn Ching's Reviews > The False Prince

The False Prince by Jennifer A. Nielsen

Jun 27, 2012

Read in June, 2012

for other reviews, please check out: www.readingtsinoy.blogspot.com

Having just put own the book I am still in a state of shock. The book is just THAT good. Honestly I wasn’t expecting much when I started reading because though I like historical fiction, I’m not one for those with much political intrigue. This has an abundance of that, but it offers so much more.
Sage, Latamer, Roden and Tobias are the orphans bought by Conner to compete within two weeks, at the end of which one will be chosen as replacement for the lost Prince Jaron while the rest are killed. Against his will, he is forced to learn and train with the others, knowing that one of them may very well murder him. But time is of the essence. The Royal Family, including crowned Prince Darius, have been murdered. And the only way to save the kingdom of Carthya from an imminent attack is to find the lost prince.
Both Roden and Tobias have an edge over Sage: Roden is good with the sword while Tobias is educated. Sage is neither. What he has though is an iron backbone, quick wit and a sharp tongue which he uses on everyone at anytime, despite threats of extreme physical punishment. He endures with the help of a mute servant named Imogen and Conner’s own man Mott.
I can not say much more about the plot as one slip can give all away but do know that this is a must read book for all ages filled with very strong characters and perfectly crafted layers. Fans of Harry Potter and Percy Jackson will find a new hero in Sage.
I highly recommend THE FALSE PRINCE
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The False Prince.