Mary Anthonette Valdemoro's Reviews > Girl, Interrupted

Girl, Interrupted by Susanna Kaysen

Jun 27, 12

Read in June, 2012

Funny, witty and something that will make you think after.. This is one particular part of the book that made me think.. "if i who was previously revolting am now this far from my crazy self, how much farther are you who were never revolting, and how much deeper your revulsion?"

She mentioned about interpreter 1 and interpreter 2.. I can somehow relate to that.. Sometimes i ask myself if my mind is agreeing on something how will i know if its correct, i should have another level of mind to check on it. I think we ought to have two upper rooms.. Dont you think? Maybe with that we may make less mistakes.. That is If we are sane enough to know which is which..Haha =) but we are made with flaws that makes us beautiful anyways.. Lets just live with it.

This is a memoir written in a way that we can get into the mind of those challenged by reasons, but somehow girls can relate on the issues pointed out as part of coming up on that diagnosis..

"A person who doesnt talk to herself or stare off into nothingness is therefore more alarming than a person who does.."

it is a smart book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Girl, Interrupted.