Lindsey's Reviews > Taken

Taken by Lillian Feisty

I was familiar with the Spice Briefs series going into this and expected a very short story (buyer beware: think 5,000–15,000 words!), but since I had enjoyed Lilli Feisty’s work in the past (I loved her story, “The Whore”, from the Wasteland anthology) and this e-book was free (thank you Greater Phoenix Digital Library!), I decided to go for it. Boy am I glad it was free! The characters were good, the setting was good, and the sex was good but it was just too damn short. It basically felt like the prologue to a (hopefully) much longer story. The ending was left very open (sequel maybe?) and left me wondering “what in the heck just happened”? This format was just too short for this story. We weren’t given enough of an opportunity to get to know the characters, the cliffhanger at the end left me with more questions than answers, and Chloe’s response to the men’s departure at the end just seemed off. The sex was hot but not enough to make up for everything else. My advice: skip it and check out her older (and lengthier) other work!

Full review: http://tinyurl.com/cwy4xnm

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Taken.