Robyn26 loid's Reviews > Walden

Walden by Henry David Thoreau

F 50x66
Jun 26, 2012

liked it

This book is great, but just a bit long winded. It is one I am having to dig through. I just don't have time for that in my life right now. For those of us who need it fast and fun, I recommend the book "1001 Best Ways, Volume 1" by author Paul D. Angles. This a Non-fiction self help book, which is Volume 1 in a three volume series. This is a collection of responses to life's changes and challenges.

There are answers to many of life's questions. For example: If you want to find out the best ways to advance your career there are pages of answers. Here is one that really stood out to me. "Find A Mentor. The biggest boost to my career has been to find co-workers who are successful in what they do to mentor me. I’ve asked them to help me develop the skills that make them so successful; they were flattered by my honest requests and I was willing to accept constructive criticism for the sake of bettering myself. I continue to learn so much from this method and have never regretted it."

That is GREAT advise! There are 1001 great answers in this book. It's fun, entertaining, interesting and helpful. http://1001bestways.com/

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Walden.