Allison's Reviews > Frog and Toad Are Friends

Frog and Toad Are Friends by Arnold Lobel

Jun 26, 12

I always liked the Frog and Toad books that I had read but I don't remember ever reading this one in particular. I really liked the stories. I liked how Frog tore off all of the months including April so Toad would get out of bed. It was funniest that he actually believed that it was May. I liked The Story because it was everything that Toad had done to think of one to tell. He ended up being the one feeling sick. It amused me. I also like The Lost Button because I am constantly losing things and when I finally find it I think “Wow, why didn't I look there in the first place?” It was the same for Toad and it was nice of him to use all of those buttons on the coat for Frog to show his appreciation for helping him find his button. It was nice of him. I also liked how Frog sent Toad a letter and Toad's funny bathing suit. The illustrations are nice but I think the story is better in this book. I think the illustrations are not as good because they are all earth tones and not a lot of contrast. They are still nice illustration.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Frog and Toad Are Friends.