M.K. McClintock's Reviews > The Lost Curse

The Lost Curse by T. Lynn Adams

Jun 26, 12

Read in July, 2012

I would be one of the first to turn away the opportunity to read a YA novel of any kind. The genre does nothing for me and I find little interest in it . . . but this book is fun! The reader is in for a fun and thrilling ride with this The Lost Curse. It's one part Indiana Jones, one part X-Files and two parts adventure. The characters are well-developed with unique personalities. I happened to like Jonathan the best simply because every time he smiled, I smiled or when he stood defiant, I was rooting him on. The bit with the dog--loved it! The bond between Jonathan and his friends--you feel it. The bad guys--you didn't like them! The good guys--you like them! The author kept the pace up and the adventure high as each page made you want to keep on turning to the next.

This is a clean and enjoyable read that I would recommend to anyone. Did you see the part where I don't like to read YA books? Well, I would consider reading more written by T. Lynn Adams if her other books are anything like this one.

Normally I reserve five star ratings for books that really make me say "wow" at the end, and where it may not have happened that way, this book gets the extra star simply because the author managed to convince this reader that she's a YA author worth reading--and that's not an easy feat!

Note: This book was received from publisher in exchange for a honest and fair review. Please see FTC Disclosure page on my blog for details.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lost Curse.