Erin's Reviews > Back To You

Back To You by Annie Brewer

Jul 07, 12

bookshelves: favorite-authors
Read from July 04 to 05, 2012

First of all, a huge thank you and congratulations to the amazing Annie Brewer for allowing me to read an eARC of her first book, I was honored!! I've been very anxiously awaiting the release of her work, and I was so excited to finally get my hands on it!!

In Back to You, Abby is your typical 17-year-old girl with family issues and indecision when it comes to the guy she's dating. Graduation is looming in the distance, and she's not sure where her future lies with the less-than-supportive Brady. When she sees her troublesome younger sister Sarah successfully making the moves on the one boy that always really held her heart, Abby is seeing red. But it isn't easy letting go of the safety net that is Brady, especially when things are so rocky at home since her dad left and remarried. Abby has to decide if she can really trust Lucas with her heart what with all their history together, but having to wait for her to decide may just push Lucas in the other direction.

This story put me through so many emotions, I was literally all over the place! I was completely intrigued by Lucas when he first came into the story, and I wanted to see more of him before I even really knew anything about him. When Sarah got her claws into him, I was so pissed at her for doing that to her sister!! I felt so awful for Abby, and I wanted to shake her and tell her to just break up with Brady and lay one on Lucas that would have him forgetting Sarah in seconds!! LOL The whole situation had me wound up tight, and I was on pins and needles waiting for someone to make the move. And when Lucas and Abby finally gave into that temptation, my heart was racing and I was giving them a virtual high-five for finally listening to me!! =) But things got more complicated as they moved forward, and Abby's struggles with what her future holds made Lucas question whether or not she really wanted to be with him. I was sold, though, he was such a sweetheart and so very sexy, and the whole "best friends before we dated" plot made me love him even more. He had my heart racing!!

Abby isn't some wallflower who gets walked all over like some heroines are (thank you!!). No, she's snarky, she didn't put up with her sister's crappy behavior, and she stood her ground with Brady when it came to their relationship. Even when I was frustrated with her choices, I knew she was trying to be strong and was dealing with what had happened with her own parents. And she had to put up with Sarah's constant rebellion, which had her a combination of angry and worried at every turn. I definitely wanted Sarah to get a taste of her own medicine, but then a twist had me realizing that maybe all was not as it seemed with her. I was so relieved to see things evolve with all of the relationships as the story went on, and I loved how Abby matured and let down her walls so she could really see what she wanted.

I loved taking Abby's journey with her through this story, it was like watching her become a new person right before my eyes. She and Lucas were meant to be, and I won't give away the ending, but I was smiling! =) Back to You was a wonderful, emotional, sexy story, and I'm so grateful that I was able to experience this book!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Back To You.

07/05/2012 "OMG, I want to strangle Sarah!!! This girl so needs a wake-up call, and I'm going to drag Lucas away from her...LOL" 2 comments

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Annie Brewer Awww *sniff sniff* love you lady!!!!

Erin Love you, sweetie!! I'm tearing up I'm so proud and excited for you!! Gah!

Sylvia It's totally amazing Annie, you two are going to make me cry ... stop it LOL

Annie Brewer Gas y'all have already made me cry!! You guys are such awesome friends and support!!!!

Annie Brewer Gah*

Sylvia Love you Annie mwah

Erin *hugs* girls!!

Mary well said Erin xo

message 9: by Shreya (new) - added it

Shreya (CCReviews) .......awww.........what a beautiful tear-fest ;D

Annie Brewer Why does it say you have a link on that comment? GR is wack! LOL

Sylvia Awesome REVIEW as always you tell it like it is...love it!!

Annie Brewer YAY!!!!!! Erin I loooooooove your review!!! Thanks babe! So glad you enjoyed it!!! :)

message 13: by Erin (new) - rated it 5 stars

Erin Aw, thank you gals!! And Annie, thank you again for sharing it, you rock sweetie!! =)

message 14: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra  Harris Added it to my TBR I am super excited to read it, thanks Erin you always have the best reviews!

Annie Brewer Yes she does!!! Thanks for adding it! :)

Deonna Annie: Just ordered it today! Very excited to read it!

Annie Brewer Oh yay! Hope you enjoy it!! :)