Victor Gentile's Reviews > A Plain Death

A Plain Death by Amanda Flower

Jun 28, 12

Read in June, 2012

Amanda Flower in her new book, “A Plain Death” Book One in the Appleseed Creek Mystery Series published by B&H Publishing Group introduces us to Chloe Humphrey and Appleseed Creek, Ohio.

From the Back Cover: Welcome to Appleseed Creek, the heart of Ohio’s Amish Country, where life is not as serene as it seems.

While her Cleveland friends relocated to Southern California and Italy, 24-year-old computer whiz Chloe Humphrey moves with some uncertainty to Appleseed Creek to direct technology services at a nearby college. Her first acquaintance is Becky, an ex-Amish teenager looking for a new home.

While driving Chloe’s car, Becky collides with a buggy, killing an Amish elder. But what looks like an accident is soon labeled murder when police discover the car’s cut brake line.

Now, Chloe must take on the role of amateur sleuth to discover who the real intended victim was before the murderer makes a second attempt. Becky’s handsome Amish-turned-Mennonite brother, Timothy, a local carpenter, comes in handy along the way. With God’s help, they’ll solve the mystery that’s rocking this small community.

At the end of a hard day I like to sit down with a good murder mystery. It takes my mind of the events of the day and I enter into a new environment, in this case Appleseed Creek, Ohio. Tampering with Chloe’s car meant someone wanted to kill her. It is just accidental that Becky was driving at the time the brakes went. However, Chloe is new in town so who and why would someone want to kill her? M. Flower has crafted a real puzzler of a mystery. ”A Plain Death” keeps you guessing and I defy you to figure out who really did it. Add to the pot a cast of characters that are just wonderful, some good, some bad and Ms. Flower has given us a great setting for what looks like a terrific series. If you enjoy a good murder mystery like I do then this book is for you. I enjoyed this book a lot and am looking forward to the next one.

If you would like to listen to interviews with other authors and professionals please go to www.kingdomhighlights.org where they are available On Demand.

To listen to 24 hours non-stop Christian music please visit our internet radio station www.kingdomairwaves.org

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book for free from Wynn-Wynn Media for this review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Plain Death.