Joe's Reviews > Batman: The Black Glove, Deluxe Edition

Batman by Grant Morrison

Jul 10, 2012

Read in July, 2012

This book grabbed me from the beginning, then lost me in the middle, then got me back at the end. When I picked this book up I thought it was going to be one continuous story, and that is where I got lost.

Although I have been reading a ton since I was 10 years old, I never really got into comics, that is until I was about 27. I always loved Batman and Superman, just on TV and in the movies. I decided to give them a try and have fallen in love since then. The only problem is that they are decade old characters and I was way behind.

I enjoyed reading the Blackest Night books, but wanted to see the before and afters of the characters, which drew me to this. I was excited to learn about the history of Damian Wayne and Talia Al Ghul. The book started off great with the back story. Then all of a sudden I felt like I was reading a novel with really big words about the Joker. The bad part was I didn't know how I got there.

The next part of the book picked up what seemed a whole new story about the Black Glove. I was on an island with a whole bunch of what seemed like Batmen from around the globe.

All in all, I enjoyed the book. I was a bit confused in parts, but when it comes right down to it, I struggled to put it down. I enjoy the characters and the writing was very good. One of the biggest praises I can give it is the art. There are some comics that try to hard to be different and this book separated its self by sticking to the basics. The characters were well drawn and I did not have to spend half my time trying to figure out what the artist was trying portray.

I suggest this book for any modern day Batman fan.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Batman.