◕ ◡ ◕ Arooj 's Reviews > Iron's Prophecy

Iron's Prophecy by Julie Kagawa

Post-Reading:
For once, I'm speechless. I have nothing to say about this book. If you could see my facial expressions and hear how fast my heart was beating, then you'd know exactly what I thought of it. But I'm just going to leave a little letter here to Julie Kagawa:

Dear Julie,

Thank you. Thank you for letting me experience one last adventure with some of my favourite characters ever written. Thank you for taking the time to write a short story that shows a glimpse into what occurred next. Thank you for making me feel all those amazing emotions again that I had felt while reading the Iron Fey series. Thank you for introducing me to a new future character, one that I know I'll end up loving just as much as these characters.

But most of all, thank you for continuing to write even more stories in this fantastic world that you have created. I have no doubt that the new series, as well as your other future works, will be just as epic as the Iron Fey series. Because you are the only author who writes exactly the kind of books I love to get lost in. Seriously. I don't know what I would do if you ever stopped.

So, again, thank you. I shall go cry in a dark corner somewhere now.

Forever a fangirl of yours,
Arooj.

Pre-Reading:
Meghan and Ash's unborn child?

UNBORN CHILD?!

*goes into freak out mode*
22 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Iron's Prophecy.

Quotes ◕ ◡ ◕ Arooj Liked

Julie Kagawa
“Sorry to wake you, but we have to be somewhere soon, remember?"
Ash grunted and, to my surprise, shifted to his back and put the pillow over his head. "I don't suppose I could convince you to go without me," he groaned, his voice muffled beneath the fabric. "Tell Mab I've been eaten by a manticore or something?”
Julie Kagawa, Iron's Prophecy

Julie Kagawa
“I love it when you talk my language, ice-boy.”
Julie Kagawa, Iron's Prophecy

09/13/2012 page 19
09/13/2012 page 74
100% "It's Grim! GAAAAHHH!"
09/13/2012 page 125
100% "Ohmygosh ohmygosh ohmygosh"
show 2 hidden updates…

Hermione Whenever I see "child," I always imagine what they had to do to get that child. xD

◕ ◡ ◕  Arooj LOL that's exactly what I think of as well =P

message 3: by Hermione (last edited Jun 27, 2012 03:49PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Hermione This ... this sounds so good.

Gahh, I really have to get the next books and finish them soon.

I MEAN WHAT'S BETTER THAN A PREGO MEGHAN?

WITH ASH'S CHILD?!

◕ ◡ ◕  Arooj I KNOW RIGHT?! I bet they'll have a beautiful kid.

You haven't finished this series? What book are you on?

Hermione Uh ... I finished book 1.

I still need to read book 2, 3, & 4.

◕ ◡ ◕  Arooj -.-

GET TO IT, WOMAN!

Don't make me force you.

Hermione HAHA I KNOW.

Next time I'm going to the library, I'm picking up the Iron Queen (that's the next book, isn't it?).

◕ ◡ ◕  Arooj The next book is The Iron Daughter, then The Iron Queen.

Hermione Yes, yes. I'm picking up The Iron Daughter, I mean. 8D

◕ ◡ ◕  Arooj Haha, good. I can't wait until you get to The Iron Knight. That book was the most shocking one out of all.

Hermione Surprisingly, every time I visit the library it's always there. I mean, always there. I ache to pick it up and read it, but then I realize I haven't read book 2 or 3 yet. :(

◕ ◡ ◕  Arooj LOL See, it's the universe telling you to read the rest of the series.

Hermione Probably so.

Sarah WHAT DID I MISS!!! come again??? wtf..

Sarah so if this is 4.5 will there be a 5? GOD I hope so. looking forward to ethans story too

◕ ◡ ◕  Arooj Well, there won't be a 5th book in the Iron Fey series, but Ethan's book (The Iron Prince) can be considered the 5th book. Though it's in a spin-off series.

Hermione I thought she finished off the story with book 4.

◕ ◡ ◕  Arooj Book 4 was the end of Meghan's story. The spinoff series is told from Ethan's point of view in the future when he grows up.

Hermione Hmmm. Looks like Ethan turns out to be the "brooding, dark" type of character.

(I read the excerpt for The Iron Prince when I picked up The Iron Knight.)

◕ ◡ ◕  Arooj Seems like it. It's weird, because I remember him as the cute little kid who loved his older sister.

I banned myself from reading the excerpt of The Iron Prince (which was on the end of The Immortal Rules). I want to read the whole book for the first time as one. It's very tempting though, whenever I see the book on my shelf.

Hermione Exactly! Same here.

It's very weird. But hey, it's the first time I've gone inside the head of a dark, brooding character type so I don't have much problem with it except that it's sad knowing that Ethan ended up like that.

message 22: by ◕ ◡ ◕ Arooj (last edited Jun 27, 2012 09:41PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

◕ ◡ ◕  Arooj I usually don't like male pov's but I'm so effin' excited for The Iron Prince! I swear I had something close to a heart attack when I heard she was writing it.

Hermione I'm not sure how to feel about it yet, considering that there's been four books in the Iron Fey series, and now she's making Ethan's series. I would say it sounds like she's dragging it on, but since I haven't read the other books yet, I really don't have a reliable opinion, I guess.

Even so, do you think she's dragging it on?

◕ ◡ ◕  Arooj I don't think she's dragging it out. The Iron Fey focused mainly on Meghan's story so 4 books was fine. But I always felt that there was more to it. So I'm happy that there's a spin-off.

Also, did you know that Julie was going to end the Iron Fey series on book 3? The editor (or somebody) thought that was too cruel because the Iron Queen kind of ended of at a...well, let's just say it was pretty shocking. Concerning the romance.

Hermione lol, wow! Yeah, I was reading reviews for TIQ and I saw some uh, protests. But lol, now I can't wait to read it. :)

message 27: by Jade (new)

Jade OMGOMGOMGOMG!!! I can't wait!

◕ ◡ ◕  Arooj SAME HERE! XD