Brennyn Pieper's Reviews > The Opportunist

The Opportunist by Tarryn Fisher

Jul 08, 12

Read from June 30 to July 02, 2012

“I look once more over my shoulder. Caleb is still under the tree, he winks at me, and I smile.”

Excellent book. I loved it immensely :)

(view spoiler)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Opportunist.

06/30/2012
1.0% "I couldn't wait, I had to start it!!"
06/30/2012
15.0% "Airport blue haunted me. It became a brand to me, a trademark of our broken relationship, and my failure to move on. Airport fucking blue."
07/01/2012
25.0% "“Can I be your favorite girl?” “You already are, Duchess.”

Ah Caleb! *swoon*"
07/01/2012
40.0% "I had now officially secured my front row seat on the train to Hell.

*Choo-Choo*"
07/01/2012
48.0% "He doesn’t know who I am, and if he did, he wouldn’t be sitting in my living room.

*What on earth did she do to him?*
:/" 5 comments
07/01/2012
63.0% "Holy sh*t! She is in deep now!"
07/01/2012
80.0% "Ugh, I'm sick.... This sucks!"
07/01/2012
100.0% "OMG, I'm crying in bed. WTF? So fucking sad right now :( I've never read a book like this ever. Ever."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

R.E. Hunter Awesome review Brennyn! It just brought it all back for me and I got choked up again lol. I am going to have to re-read at some point. Probably right before Dirty Red comes out!

Brennyn Pieper Rose, I am like seriously trying not to cry at work. I just read the spoiler and Damn! It should be good. Thanks for the recommendation! I really did enjoy it despite my crying. Caleb and Olivia remind me of Kellan and Keira. They simily just belong together :)

Brennyn Pieper And thank you for the compliment :)

Tonya Alright...*shakes fist* dang you Brennyn but you did it again, I am going to have to read this next. Im just gonna stay on your heels you are giving me one heck of a ride!!! thanks!!!!

R.E. Hunter You're welcome. And I agree, they are meant for each other which makes it all the more heartbreaking. Ugh. Love this damn book!

Brennyn Pieper Tonya wrote: "Alright...*shakes fist* dang you Brennyn but you did it again, I am going to have to read this next. Im just gonna stay on your heels you are giving me one heck of a ride!!! thanks!!!!"

Tonya, you are so sweet! I love you!! I hope you like it. It will have your emotions all over the place like Thoughless did. Keep me updated on your progress!

Brennyn Pieper Rose wrote: "You're welcome. And I agree, they are meant for each other which makes it all the more heartbreaking. Ugh. Love this damn book!"

Rose, I love this book too!

Ashley I really wanted to hate this book because it made me so damn sad but really it's not everyday that a book can stir up these kind of emotions. I'll have to prepare myself for Dirty Red because I'm sure I'm gonna be seething mad with Leah since I don't like her at all.

Tonya Goodness...how many days has it been since I finished this book. I just read that quote and WAAAAH..there goes the water works all over again. Heartstrings yanked I tell ya, YANKED!!!

Brennyn Pieper Oh Tonya, I know! It brings it all back doesn't it? I try not to think about it for fear of starting the crying all over again ;)

message 11: by Leslie (new)

Leslie Brennyn, both of my friends agreed to read this book just on what I told them that you had told me about the story! I will keep you posted on what they think.

message 12: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy I finished the book last weekend..and just when I thought I was finally getting over it, I read your review!! I literally have a lump in my throat and am tearing up reading your review. I will never ever understand why he walked away in Italy!! How could he say those things to her and just walk away?! Oh you've ruined my emotions for another week! Good review though. This definitely captures the emotion of this book.

Brennyn Pieper Oh Amy you are just too cute! Glad you liked the review I obviously wrote it immediately after reading it. I finished it at like 1 on the morning couldn't sleep, cried all the way to work and wrote the review. I cried even knowing there was a sequel! Have you read the spoiler for Dirty Red? oh its going to be good :) I'm fairly confident we will get our HEA!