Jagged's Reviews > Wings of Arian

Wings of Arian by Devri Walls

Jun 27, 2012

bookshelves: books-i-have
Read from June 26 to 27, 2012

Ah this book brought The Never Ending Story to mind. What with the Rockmen and the flying pink fluffy dog/iguana? I enjoyed the story, as well as the unanticipated nostalgia. The storyline was decent, and I loved Emane's description of love.
What I did not like was that there was no buildup of how Kiora was found to be the Solus or much backdrop between her and Emane. It referenced things that happened in the past between them kind of in a way that implied the reader should already have knowledge of these things. Like how they met--which I would have liked to have read about. It just threw you into their personalities without anything behind it. I also would have liked to have read about her learning to use her abilities. There was not a lot of action which surprised me. And what action there was, was extremely short lived. That annoyed me a bit considering how long the book was...I would have liked there to have been more oomph to it rather than reading all about misconceptions and insecurities.
I loved Emane's character. I like that he didn't change too much throughout the book with his firecracker ways.
I will read the next one. Hopefully there will be more action though.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wings of Arian.

Quotes Jagged Liked

Devri Walls
“That’s alright, I bite.”
Devri Walls, Wings of Arian