Anna Janelle's Reviews > Evil at Heart

Evil at Heart by Chelsea Cain

Jun 28, 12

Read from June 26 to 27, 2012

I finished this installment of the Gretchen-Archie-Susan series at record speed. Spoiler alert: Gretchen's still on the lamb and has become something of a glamorous but infamous celebrity. Archie's clean but in a psycho ward until Gretchen appears to break her promise when eyeballs and a goat liver appear in a reststop bathroom with her signature heart appearing at the scene of the crime. More bodies and body parts appear at the scenes of her past crimes and Archie takes up his old obsession of finding her - this time set out to destroy her at all costs. When it appears these crimes are that of a fan club seeking Gretchen 's attention, Archie seeks out a boy (now man) that Gretchen supposedly kept alive after forcing him to witness his sister's torture and eventual murder. Again, Cain keeps things nail -bitingly suspenceful with surprise twists. And what would this book be without Archie getting kidnapped and tortured. And spared by Gretchen Lowell. Just one more left to go before this series loses it's grip on all my spare time. I think Cain outdid herself with gore and stomach twisting torture. Some fairly repulsive stuff here. I mean, they've all been disturbing. This one just a little worse for me. Think Vincent DeNoffrio (spelling?) in The Cell type masochist sexual behavior. Not something everyone would want to read. But, if she's good enough for Chuck Palhaniuk to read, she's good enough for me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Evil at Heart.