Katherine's Reviews > Nights in Rodanthe

Nights in Rodanthe by Nicholas Sparks

Oct 17, 08

Recommended for: An accessible read to everyone, but especially women between ages 18 - 99
Read in October, 2008

This book is a quick read (easily read in one sitting) with a great message driven home clearly, poetically and effectively.

While I understand that Nicholas Sparks gets glowing reviews about how touching and beautiful his sensitivity to romance is, what I actually found more remarkable about this book were the characters themselves. There were two main characters: A man and a woman. It was my experience that the man was the stronger of the two characters and the woman served as a witness to this person who quickly becomes an inspiration to the reader. I read this book wondering if his character would be consistent or surprise me. I knew that either way I wouldn't be disappointed and I wasn't in the slightest.

Another thing about Nicholas Spark's book, Nights in Rodanthe, that sticks out for me is that while primarily a romance, the book's message was not so much linked to romantic love as it was words of encouragement to be the best person you can be.

And that is all I can say without spoilery.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nights in Rodanthe.