Millie Burns's Reviews > One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kesey

Sep 26, 12

Read in September, 2012

So, I've been going through my teenager's shelves looking for new things to read. Things I'd never thought to read before, and I found One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. I don't think I've even seen the movie, though now I'm going to have to watch it, to see Jack Nicholson bring crazy McMurphy to life.

I enjoyed this book, the writing drew me in to share the fate of the poor souls that spent their hours in the sanitized whitened walls of the sanitarium. I loved RP McMurphy's character, he somehow conned his way into my heart, and I rooted for him every step of the way. I have a rebellious nature myself, nothing quite so dramatic as his, but it speaks to me. This book reminded me why the good Lord gave us brains, it is to think. To question. To come to conclusions. To aim for something more, not to just give ourselves over to fate.

I imagine the Chief at the falls, watching the birds fly. To north, to south, to east, to west, but never again to roost in the Cuckoo's nest!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.