Cliff's Reviews > Diary of a Wimpy Kid

M 50x66
Jun 26, 2012

liked it
Read in June, 2012

My son actually was the one who decided to read this book. I had suggested it to him because he was looking to start reading books on his own. He managed to sit down and read it through in only 3 days. Not too bad a start. Of course, I felt the need to read it just to find out if there was something that I would consider to be inappropriate.

It is a quick read and I really liked the illustrations that went along with it. I think that the artwork is a good portion of what works, so I fail to see who thought this would translate well into a live action movie. But there are some moments of genuinely funny humor which I very much enjoyed. Some of the humor may not be age appropriate as my son is only 6, but even the worst of it can be accepted as "boys will be boys."

I'm not sure Wimpy Kid is the right title for Greg. It may be more apropos to refer to him as a Selfish Kid. He's not exactly someone to be a role model, but I guess that's part of his charm.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Diary of a Wimpy Kid.