BookHookup's Reviews > Awry

Awry by Chelsea Fine

Jun 26, 12

Read in June, 2012

OMG…OMG…OMG…as Heather would say! I loved this book! Ms. Fine has done it again. But this time she’s done it with information and history instead of the mystery and suspense of the first book. How is that possible? Well, I think it’s possible because the characters are still captivating, the premise is still intriguing and the emotions are still intense!

The characters I fell in love with in Anew are better than ever in Awry. Scarlet is becoming stronger, more focused and the hero this story needs. Gabriel and Tristan are more heartbreaking and swoon-worthy than ever as they continue to live under the curse’s hold. And, might I add that the curse seems to be evolving…making itself even more troublesome, especially for Tristan who suffers more than he should…and, oh, how my poor heart suffers with him! Secondary characters, Heather and Nate have a bigger role here too. We learn so much more about them and what makes them tick. And I appreciate their humor because it gives my heart a reprieve from the aforementioned suffering! I find myself wanting them to find happiness as well. Go Team Awesome!!

This story gave me the history I’ve been waiting for. Finally, I know how Scarlet met the Archer brothers and how she came to be involved with both of them. It is tragically beautiful, but, I’m also thankful that it shows us some happy times! It provides the reader with a glimpse into a simpler time in their lives and into a Tristan we haven’t seen before…a happy, generous, light-hearted Tristan. *sigh*

Because of the twists and turns in this book, it’s very difficult to write a spoiler free review. But I must say that this does not feel like a “second book”. In some cases, middle books can feel aimless…simply filling in the necessary information to allow the next book to shine. This is definitely not the case here. This book has adventure, romance and heart-felt emotion. It provides answers and leaves us with new mysteries. And, without question, it shines! I’m not sure how Ms. Fine will top this book but I, for one, can hardly wait to get my hands on the next installment!!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Awry.