Robin's Reviews > Appetizers

Appetizers by Ivan Rusilko

F 50x66
Jul 31, 12

Read in July, 2012

From the first introduction to our fabulous authors and the personal/fictional storyline, as a bit of a romantic, no matter how lusciously attractive and intelligent the author/main character is and how fabulously talented and personable the co-author is, I've been a cheerleader of team I-J. One hopes that such an enduring, selfless love exists and can survive life's various challenges. This book is more than a romance erotica novel but as well a drama. It reflects challenges those in relationships and those searching for that relationship are facing in today's world while also being a timeless issue of, once you find the “perfect” one, growing with each other and not separately.
It's been a fun ride and with great anticipation I prepared to step through the wardrobe, slip on the magic ring, climb aboard the train, slip into the canoe all which takes you on a fabulous journey of endless possibilities. I'm a fan of mystery/intrigue and although the first in this trilogy has exceeded its reflection of skill and passion and romance, I look forward most anxiously toward the second installment as if reading it as soon as possible will give physical support to a budding commitment – literary version of fertilizing the garden. Will their love be enough? Will they remain together? If not, can they champion over the heartbreak enough to continue the search for the miracle of a relationship that can last all . . . the perfect modern day Princess Bride tale or the Lady and the Hawke. Or is it doomed to a more tragic Wuthering Heights or Rebecca (well, perhaps not so morose)? Hope is an unconditional element as long as even the wisp of faith resides in your heart. I fell in love with all of the characters and can’t wait to follow them on this journey.
I look forward to hearing more about the development of book two and continue to be intrigued by the real vs. fictional enigma which lurks like the elephant in the room with a too small doorway and all trying to figure out how the smack it got there. I also look forward to the music lists and reveling in familiar, newly introduced and the what-the-heck selections. And, as much as I encourage friends/readers to be enveloped into this trilogy, I also encourage them to follow the blogs and posts of The Winemaker’s Dinner as well as the authors on FB and the corresponding websites - they are as witty and inspiring as the book itself.
Pride and excitement in no small measure are being experienced, I’m sure, by the authors and great marketing team, the publishers and their friends and families as they are living through this whirlwind. Congrats, guys! :)
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Appetizers.