Chrissy (The Every Free Chance Reader)'s Reviews > ec·o·nom·ics: a simple twist on normalcy

ec·o·nom·ics by Kersten L. Kelly

Jun 29, 12

bookshelves: reviewed-on-blog
Read from June 26 to 29, 2012

Did I enjoy this book: To be honest, I am not an economics buff...in fact, I don't have much interest in the subject. However, I agreed to read this book because I feel it is always good to try new things and learn about different subjects that affect our daily lives. With that being said, I did enjoy reading ec·o·nom·ics: a simple twist on normalcy. It is not a book that I had to read every free chance I had though.

What I enjoyed most was that it presented the subject of economics in a rather down-to-earth format. The examples provided were real world examples that I could relate to. It wasn't all theory and abstraction. It was written as if Ms. Kelly and I were having a conversation...as if I were asking questions and she were answering them. I did not feel like I was reading a textbook or other treatise on economics. That is what made this book enjoyable for me to read.

Would I recommend it: If you want in introduction to economics, then I would definitely recommend this book.

Will I read it again: I doubt it. But I may pick it up as a reference if I need some theory better explained.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read ec·o·nom·ics.