Jenn's Reviews > Artie and the Green-Eyed Woman

Artie and the Green-Eyed Woman by Jan Christensen

Jul 03, 12

bookshelves: for-review, kindle
Read from July 02 to 03, 2012

I love these Artie short stories! As much as Artie should be disliked (after all, he IS a thief) there's something about him that makes him so lovable. You fear for his imminent jail time (he has to get caught at some point) as you know he'll be in for a long stretch of time. You fear for an accidental death. Dealing with so many other sultry criminals leaves Artie open to all sorts of evilness. Like the Green Eyed Woman - Maureen. Being held at gunpoint is not his idea of a fun time. And I believe it came as a bit of a shock. Artie does not work with a partner. He did once and it ended disastrously. His relationship with his wife is a loving one, but she too fears that one day he will be taken from her, maybe even permanently.

Artie is given the opportunity to make a large sum of cash. Which seems almost too good to be true. But he needs a large winfall to be able to pay his mom's new medical bills. Does this job opportunity come at an ideal time? Or is it really something that will spell disaster? I'm very much looking forward to Artie's next escapade with a yet undetermined woman.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Artie and the Green-Eyed Woman.