Rachel 's Reviews > One Whole And Perfect Day

One Whole And Perfect Day by Judith Clarke

Jul 12, 12

bookshelves: aussie-ya-reads, absolutely-freaking-loved-it, favorites
Recommended for: anyone who loves a good contemporary novel, especially the Aussie ones :)
Read from July 10 to 12, 2012

I am now officially addicted to Aussie YA books, especially the ones which have been short-listed or have some award-stamp on the cover. What can I say, I have high standards hahaha.
When I first began reading this novel, say when I was about two chapters in, the first thing I took note of was Judith Clarke's writing style. How she took the classic approach, introducing the family first and then going into the story. I loved it, because most of the books I've been reading lately have just gone straight into the plot. Don't get me wrong, I love those kinds of books too (some of my favourites fall under that category), but it was nice to see a change.

After reading the first three chapters it was safe to say that I was completely and utterly engaged in this novel. I loved how Judith Clarke wrote in third person and in different points of view, and how all the characters were tied together in some way, whether they knew it or not. I found myself sympathising with all the different characters, whether they were teenagers or old grandfathers. It was amazing how much I loved this book! The ending was so freaking sweet and I loved it so much. I will now be eagerly looking out for Judith Clarke's other novels! She's sure written a lot :o Good thing too, seeing as she is very promising :)
Rating: 5/5, no question about it.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Whole And Perfect Day.

07/10/2012 page 13
5.2% "The writing style is very different from other contemp novels I have read, but I'm liking it so far."