Mary Ann Gacayan's Reviews > Serial Hottie

Serial Hottie by Kelly Oram

Jul 07, 12

bookshelves: 2012-read, arc, chick-lit, contemporary, e-books, favorite, for-review, i-own, must-have-books, young-adult, comics
Read from June 26 to 28, 2012

witty contemporary book. Thumbs up! <3

The concept was a breath of fresh air for me in a contemporary. I think I remember reading something about stalker/killer too though I didn’t get to finish it, luckily this one really caught my fondness for books.

Ellie’s more on the carefree and sporty type of girl, she's confident in her differences and who she is, and does have a lot of sense of humor. While Seth brought zest to the story--that’s for sure, a mysterious and swoon worthy boy who turns Ellie’s world upside down. He’s not only sweet but also protective in some ways. Though his protectiveness were sometimes misapprehend by the people around him, because of his murky past that led him to his personality problem towards other people. Of course there are also the minor characters which feel as interesting and three dimensional as Ellie—Angela, Dave and the J’s. I love how Angela became a sister to Ellie through tough times in the story. I would say I want more of the J’s in the story, because they really had a very limited part on it.

I like how the story goes, the affection that was build between Ellie and Seth come off beautifully, Ellie’s relationship with her sister and about the psychopath killer. However if I’ll get a chance to add something in the story, that would probably on the anonymity of the psychopath killer. I would love to add more twists on the cruise on sorting out who is the true murderer. But what lure me to finish this book was Ellie--her journey on doing things she haven’t done before and being open to the changes she embarks upon throughout the story.

Overall I enjoyed every part of this book, and being one of the first readers to read this before the release date! Love and will recommend it to everyone who wants a witty but meaningful read to have 
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Serial Hottie.

06/26/2012 page 143