Tee loves Kyle Jacobson's Reviews > Flock

Flock by Wendy Delsol

Jun 30, 12

bookshelves: 2012-must-reads, around-the-world-arc-tours
Read in June, 2012

LORD HAVE MERCY WHAT AN ADVENTURE THIS SERIES HAS BEEN! With that said in yes all shouty caps I have to do a recap of all the books that lead up to this EPIC conclusion. I know I know some people did not like the series but to each his own. I really enjoyed this series because it had a little of everything and when a book uses myths I just adore it. Wendy did a wonderful job of weaving a world that went from the ordinary to the extraordinary. If you are looking for a good series to read this is it.

In Stork we meet Katla who is moving from LA of all places to small town Minnesota. When she gets there she soon finds out that things are not always as they seem and she finds out that she is part of a secret women's society called the Storks. Then to make matters worse she fools around with the schools jock Wade and he turns out to be such a jerk that she regrets fooling around with him.Then she meets Jack the editor-in-chief of the newspaper and she is excited to have a friend. Being the new girl stinks real bad so she and Jack become quick friends and find themselves liking each other.That is when she finds out she belongs to the Stork society and Jack is a descendant of The Winter People.

Then is Frost Katla and Jack are a couple but being a couple with their secrets is hard. All Katla wants to do is have a good year at school and build on her relationship with Jack and her best friend Penny. She is looking forward to Christmas but as all good books go drama is around the corner in the form of a girl named Bridgid. Jack creates this storm for Katla and when he does it reeks havoc on their relationship. With everything going on in Katla's life she does not need this. To make matters worse after Jack creates the storm he and Bridgid start to get close and Jack starts distancing himself from Katla. Katla soon realizes that Jack has been taken by the Snow Queen and she will do everything in her powers to get her man back. As Katla struggles to get Jack back she will find that somethings are worth sacrificing for.

That brings us to the EPIC ending of the series Flock. Katla has survived so much in just a short period of time that she is looking forward to having some down time with Jack and her BFF Penny. She wants to spend Christmas just hanging out and relaxing and getting some quality time with Jack. But as we all know evil never rests and Katla will see just how evil the new exchange students are. They will stop at nothing to destroy everyone and anything Katla loves or cares about. She will have to fight them with all her powers and she will have to lose some and gain some but in the end she will fight for what is right in order to keep her family and friends safe from evil. Wendy has done a fabulous job wrapping up this series and when you get to the end you will be screaming at the outcome I know I was!

Happy Reading Flock comes out September 11, 2012 on Remembrance Day of all the people lost in The Twin Towers Tragedy.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Flock.