Brandi Salazar's Reviews > A Dark Kiss of Rapture

A Dark Kiss of Rapture by Sylvia Day

Jun 25, 2012

Read from June 25 to 27, 2012

As the title suggests, Raze is a Fallen angel, cursed with the affliction of vampirism for his transgressions. He hunts those who have gone through the Change and come out the other side "wrong". In other words, crazed. Finding himself a target in a plot to reduce humans to nothing but feed animals, he travels to Chicago to track down the mastermind. What he doesn't expect to find is the one woman who might be willing to give his heart to.

When Kim sees Raze in the bar, brooding and handsome, she is immediately attracted. Having just survived a horrendous time in her life, her goal is to find a distraction, and she believes she has found the perfect one in Raze. What should have been a one night stand turns into an incredible night of passion and romance that sweeps them both off their feet and leaves their heads spinning. Now, neither of them want to let the other go, but Raze's own baggage might turn out to be the deciding factor.

I think this is the best developed short story romance I have read in quite a while. It was very...filling, I would say. I really felt like it was a total package with a great storyline and delicious characters. It wasn't smutty, but sexy and romantic. I really felt the connection between these two.

I couldn't give it a 5 because the ending felt too abrupt, without much of a direction as to where this was headed later, which would have been nice. I like to think my characters ride off in the sunset together, even if I'm not there to witness the glory of it. I also had a difficult time getting all the names and characters down pat in the beginning (and middle), so they became filler to me, a useless piece of information that got in the way of everything else. Overall, though, it was very well put together and well-written. I loved the MCs and the surrounding plot was a good addition to round it all out. Even nicer still, I didn't realize this was part of a series that I already have on my TBR list, so good to know! I am excited to get reading already!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Dark Kiss of Rapture.

06/25/2012