Caragh's Reviews > Divergent

Divergent by Veronica Roth

2319843
Jul 11, 12

Read from June 25 to July 11, 2012

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Divergent.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Sunny Hope you enjoy this one. I put it right up with Prized and Birthmarked as favorite reads of last year.

message 2: by Caragh (new) - added it

Caragh Sunny,
Thanks for the kind words.
I did enjoy it. I found Divergent to be an interesting, uncomfortable exploration of pain and fear. I feel like I've been underground for a long time, and I expect the book will keep me puzzling. Good stuff.
It's cool you liked it, too.
All best,
Caragh

Elizabeth When I read it it tied with Birthmarked as my favorite book.

message 4: by Caragh (new) - added it

Caragh Elizabeth,
That's cool. Thanks!
Caragh

Elizabeth Oh there is another book you HAVE to read, Theft of Swords (The Riyria Revelations, #1-2) by Michael J.  Sullivan

message 6: by Caragh (new) - added it

Caragh Thanks! Have you read Shiver?
Caragh

Sunny Caragh wrote: "Thanks! Have you read Shiver?
Caragh"

Funny, I have had that book in my library forever. I liked Maggie Stievater's Scorpio Races and have heard great things about it. What do you like most about that book?

message 8: by Caragh (new) - added it

Caragh It's sweetly, gently romantic and I was really ready for something like that.

Sunny Caragh wrote: "It's sweetly, gently romantic and I was really ready for something like that."

Thanks, I'm glad I recommended it to my 14 year old niece since I really liked Scorpio Races. This took place after her mother and I had a long discussion about the themes in Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful, #1) by Jamie McGuire which my niece read a summer camp. I don't want to be the arbiter of "appropriateness" for a 14 year old, but I am advocate for discussion.