Kim's Reviews > Calico Joe

F_50x66
Jul 11, 12

bookshelves: audiobooks-read
Read from June 25 to July 11, 2012

I am not a sports fan, nor do I have any interest in baseball at ALL - but I am enjoying this story! Get this...I downloaded this on audiobook from my library's overdrive collection. Somehow - I must have missed the very last section because I just finished the book and am thinking...that can't be right that it would end that way. For me, the book ends with Paul blackmailing his father, his father telling him forget it. And that's it. NO WAY that can be right! They don't go meet up with Joe after all of that?? Well...thank goodness, I believe they do. I checked out some reviews and get the impression that I AM missing the final piece.
The problem is that there are like a million holds on this book so who knows when I'll get to hear the end. My library does have a playaway version of this title with only 2 holds before me, so... I guess I lucked out and it won't be long, but - man...it totally figures...just when it was getting good my ipod cuts it off. UGH! Not sure how that happened but I will be paying much closer attention from now on to be sure that I have gotten the FULL download.
I'll post my final reaction when I finally get to hear the end of it. I am expecting it to be wonderful as was the rest of the book. REALLY fine job, John Grisham!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Calico Joe.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Robin Garson If you like Calico Joe, I just finished A Pitch For Justice that I enjoyed even more. It looks at a criminal prosecution against a Phillies pitcher who throws a pitch that hits a batter in the head with fatal results.