Mia Cracknell's Reviews > Demon Girl

Demon Girl by Penelope Fletcher

Sep 26, 13

Read on June 25, 2012

Slow start but picked up at around the 60% mark. Had a few issues with this book, first off, some parts did not make sense, such as a character being in the scene one moment then disappearing the next with no mention of them leaving, some sentences didn't make sense and words were missed out which confused me. Also this whole book was set up over a period of literally one day, the main character Rae went from never been kissed and never liking boys before to being in LOVE with 2 people in the space of half a day. I get her being in love with Breanden with the whole 'bond' thing, but Tomas? Really? where was the need for that?! Their relationship literally developed over the space of 2 paragraphs and suddenly she couldn't live without him?! very unbelievable. I really don't get on well with forced relationships in books and i find it doesn't add to the story so why bother? if i wasn't intrigued with the world building and my curiousness for fairy stories, this book would get a 2 stars. not sure I'll be reading the next in the series. but for 0p in the kindle store i might get around to it in the future.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Demon Girl.