Amy Hatvany's Reviews > Off the Menu

Off the Menu by Stacey Ballis

Jun 25, 2012

10 Reasons Why I devoured OFF THE MENU

#1. The protagonist, Alana, is smart, sassy, and endearingly authentic.

#2. The cover has chocolate cupcakes on it!

#3. Stacey Ballis's writing style is self-assured and wickedly funny, filled with one-line zingers that made coffee shoot out of my nose.

#4. The relationships Alana has with her family and friends are so lovely, so intimately drawn, you feel as though you could walk into any of their houses, take your shoes off, and prop your feet up on their couch.

#5. The glorious descriptions of food will make you drool.

#6. Your heart will ache as you connect with Alana and her desire to find a lasting, meaningful love.

#7. A dog named Dumpling.

#8. Your heart will sing as you watch Alana stumble across an amazing, grown up romantic connection with RJ.

#9. Recipes for all the glorious food descriptions included in the back of the book!

#10. Cat + Fly paper = Hysteria.

I was so enamored with this story! I loved that Alana was fiercely independent, but at the same time vulnerable and sweet. I loved that she wanted to find love, but didn't link her self-esteem to whether or not she did. This is a truly wonderful beach read...Highly recommend!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Off the Menu.

message 1: by Pat (new) - added it

Pat Thanks Amy....looks like a great book...adding it to my list!!!

Carmela I loved your review, so I got the book. I loved the book, so I recommended it to a few friends. Thank you for sharing this great book!

message 3: by Christia (new)

Christia Gibbons You've sold me. Ordering it now!

Jamie So happy to see your review of this book. I just picked it up at the library today, if you love it I know I will too!