Fia-Sophia's Reviews > Sever

Sever by Lauren DeStefano

Feb 23, 2013

bookshelves: 7th-grade
Read from February 22 to 23, 2013

How come so many people like Linden? Gabriel is SO much better, he actually likes Rhine for who she is, not because she looks like his dead wife Rose, like another character in the books *cough, cough - Linden! - cough*. Also, Linden is SO oblivious and ignorant to how Rhine, Jenna, and Cecily became his wives. He thinks they went to some 'bride school' or something when they were actually KIDNAPPED and chosen to be his wives, and the 12 girls who WEREN'T picked were KILLED and some of them were JENNA'S SISTERS! That just makes me wonder, "Does he think that everything is the illusions at the mansion he lives in and the parties and expos he goes to? Does he think that everything is all a picnic for everyone who isn't rich? That they all have houses and an easy life? That they don't struggle to survive? Because it ISN'T, and they DON'T, and they DO struggle!" Yes, I know his father is partly to blame for his oblivion and ignorance, but there are some things that you have to find out for yourself, and this is one of them! Also, Gabriel is so sweet, and he loves her, and gets so worried about her when she's sick, and he's cute. :D

This book was as good as the first book, and better than fever.
16 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sever.

message 1: by Ant M (new) - added it

Ant M Gabriel was always mad :( it just felt wrong :(

Lindon on the other hand was sweet but they still didn't know each other so he didn't know he loved her more than his other wifes, and Rhine was fist wife.

TEAM LINDEN

message 2: by Kamrie (new) - added it

Kamrie I don't see how Rhine and Linden could ever truly end up together. I mean, she looks at him as her captor, the one she wanted to escape from. If they had met in another, less kidnap-ish way then maybe, but otherwise it doesn't seem likely to me. I cannot wait to find out for sure, though, in Sever!

message 3: by Clarissa (new)

Clarissa Me wrote: "Gabriel was always mad :( it just felt wrong :(

Yeah, I know he was very shielded from everything that was going on, but I still like him better.

Fia-Sophia Me wrote: "Gabriel was always mad :( it just felt wrong :(

he wasn't always mad, he thought that rhine was falling for linden, and then he was stressed when rhine was sick.

Isabel Faith off topic but I love your profile photo.

Fia-Sophia Isabel Faith wrote: "off topic but I love your profile photo."

i like yours too. gotta love titanic.

Fia-Sophia the paperback version came out on february 1st? if i had known that i would've bought that 12 days ago.

Elizabeth Hosmer Linden's not bad, but he's always been a rich, sheltered boy, and he really can't relate very well to Rhine. She never tells him about her brother when they are married, not because it would ruin her chances of escaping, but she knows he won't understand, and I think that's something that can't be overlooked. I have always liked Gabriel with Rhine better, because yes, Linden is a more interesting and complex character, but Gabriel understands Rhine on a deeper level, and she him. And Cecily

Elizabeth Hosmer Accidentally posted it before I finished that thought. I was just going to say that Cecily really loves Linden, even if at the beginning of the series she just wanted in on the good life.

Fia-Sophia Elizabeth wrote: "Linden's not bad, but he's always been a rich, sheltered boy, and he really can't relate very well to Rhine. She never tells him about her brother when they are married, not because it would ruin h..."

i understand that, but i feel like even though his father is the one who sheltered him, he's a smart guy, he should realize what something like the virus would do to society. i mean, c'mon, people are dying off so quickly, and he thinks they have good lives? that they feel like they should be happy and think about marriage? i think he's nice, just so naive.