Wafiyah's Reviews > Born at Midnight

did not like it
Recommended to Wafiyah by: My darn idiocy
Recommended for: Dimwits
Read from June 25 to 26, 2012 , read count: Once, and never again

Okay, this book is, like, shit overload. No originality at all. I overlooked the entire series on this website at first, just to check what it was about, and it's basically just a couple hundred pages wrapped around nonsensical plots and love triangles, squares, hexagons, whatever you want to call it. Half the time I wondered why this girl - Kylie - didn't just slit her wrists or do whatever else was "mainstream" if she was so stressed out over everything. Her mother was as cold as she seemed at the beginning, regardless of their little "reconciliation." Her father? Jerkwad. And don't get me started on Derek the Megalomaniac, Lucas the Ever-Mysterious Dick, and her idiotic ex-boyfriend.

This was just not my book.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Born at Midnight.

06/25/2012 page 78
20.0% "Damn, this book is making me want to sink into my covers and take a decade-long nap, it's that boring. Plus, the random bits of "humour" are not funny at all."

message 1: by Em (new) - rated it 1 star

Em I felt like Kylie was way too hard on her mother. She was cold, sure, but I could tell she loved Kylie, and I feel like Kylie didn't give her mom enough credit. I had a feeling about her dad, even in the beginning when Kylie was all over him. I knew something wasn't right about him.

Wafiyah Ema wrote: "I felt like Kylie was way too hard on her mother. She was cold, sure, but I could tell she loved Kylie, and I feel like Kylie didn't give her mom enough credit. I had a feeling about her dad, even ..."

I felt the same way. It's always that authors tend to show in their books the protagonist being hyped about something but being disappointed at the end by it.