Tabby - IMReviews's Reviews > Empty Net

Empty Net by Toni Aleo

Sep 12, 12

bookshelves: kindle-books-i-own, favorites, books-i-own, signed-books
Read in June, 2012

Of the 3 books Toni Aleo has written in this series so far, Empty Net is by far my favorite . I 100% think that she has mastered her craft with this book. I am in no way saying that Taking Shots & Trying to Score sucked; because they did NOT - I am just simply saying that this book rocked my freaking face off. I have never been more into the characters of a book until I read Empty Net. Toni has created such a realistic world; that involves famous people who have real life problems - which to me; makes them even more relateable . You can't help but fall in love with them and their stories.

I fell in love with Audrey when I met her in Trying to Score. Being the youngest of 3, I can understand and relate to what she feels when it comes to her sister, Fallon. I simply love the relationship between the sisters. It's refreshing to read such love between family members. I also love Audrey for her struggles and her survival of them. Having been through the exact thing she goes through in this book; I felt for her in a way I haven't felt for a heroine in a long time. I felt every tear, laugh, success, failure and triumph that she went through. It was... amazing.

Then you have Tate Odder. So beautifully written and so perfectly swoon worthy. Toni hit this one spot on. I don't think a better person could have been written in his place. Tate is everything you would want in a male lead. Sweet, strong, compassionate, sexy, a freaking hockey player, genuine and committed. Having been dealt a not so good hand in some aspects of his life - he finds a home with the Nashville Assassins. His character is very profound and sometimes complex - but I think that makes him all the more appealing. A perfect match for Audrey if you ask me. I think he is exactly what she needs at this point in her life.

As always, Toni's side characters have just as much impact on her stories as the main characters. I simply love the fact that previous characters have a place in Empty Net. I don't think it would have been the same without them. These characters and this series have become so special to me, that I am so very IMPATIENTLY waiting for Blue Lines to come out. Its like a part of me is on hold - kind of stuck wondering where this story and these characters are going to go. STOP THE SUSPENSE MAN!

Sports fan or no sports fan - I think this book no; this series should be read by anyone who is a down right TRUE romantic (: You will not be disappointed.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Empty Net.