Elizabeth S's Reviews > I Capture the Castle

Oct 17, 2008

it was ok
bookshelves: n-misc-fiction
Read in January, 2007

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Capture the Castle.

message 1: by Christine (new)

Christine Okay, so I'm really glad to see you've read this one and how you've rated it. I've saw several bloggers this summer who raved about this book and I was wondering about it. But, I didn't know any real people (vs. blogger people, of course!) who'd actually read it.

Elizabeth S Have you read it? It has been a few years for me, so it is hard to give specific details of why it wasn't all the great. I do specifically remember finishing it and thinking, "Well, that was kinda dumb." I remember it as a book where, sure, stuff happens, but ultimately nothing really changes in the life of the main character.

It is exactly the kind of book that many book clubs love to read, however, so I think that is where most of that raving is coming from. I read it because it is by the same author as "101 Dalmations." I had previously read that one as part of a seek-out-the-books-the-movies-were-made-from kick, and enjoyed it.

message 3: by Christine (new)

Christine Nope, I haven't read it. But I had made the same connection between authors (i.e., 101 Dalmatians), so had been thinking about reading it... and then of course I saw other people raving about, so I was curious. But you and I like to read a lot of the same books, so that's why I especially like your recommendation!